Snapchat Marketing Tips & Checklist
One of the fastest growing social media networks is Snapchat. It offers a quick and interesting way to share information with your audience.
- Offer Exclusive Content – Make your content for Snapchat exclusive and only available on Snapchat. When you tell people about your Snapchat, let them know that the content is exclusive to your Snapchat followers only.
- Surprise Fans – A great way to get Snapchat fans excited is to host contests and provide incentives or perks. It works well when promoting your Snapchat on other channels. For example, on Facebook, you can ask your followers to “head on over to Snapchat to enter my exclusive Snapchat giveaway.”
It can be easy to lose sight of your brand on Snapchat because everyone is caught up in the interactive fun. But, always make your branding a top priority when you engage with your Snapchat followers. Don’t say or do anything that is contrary to your branding.
Why You Need Snapchat for Marketing
Basically, if you have a business that deals with people, you will want to find a way to incorporate Snapchat to your social media marketing strategy. This is especially true if you want to attract customers between the ages of 18 and 34, which make up most of the users of Snapchat.
Even if your audience is not part of this demographic, depending on your product or service they may eventually become part of it as time marches forward. Starting early to be part of Snapchat and finding creative ways to incorporate it into your marketing will pay off.
Because of the “live” nature of Snapchat, you’ll be able to give your audience a more authentic view into your products and services than other types of marketing. The system itself doesn’t give a business an opportunity to fake much. Thus, it will help you build trust with your audience.
Many sports teams and businesses are using Snapchat successfully to expand their brand. Using Snapchat to give this special audience a sneak peek into what you’re doing will be a great way to build and reward brand loyalty, too.
There are so many reasons to use Snapchat and hardly any reasons why not. It’s free to use, and all it will take is your time and effort. To be successful with Snapchat, like with most social media, you need to get followers and views.
5 Snapchat Marketing Tips That Work
The fact is, if a large corporation sees the value in marketing with Snapchat, then you should take a look, too. There is a lot of potential with Snapchat that you may be leaving untapped, such as the potential to find an audience in the 100 million active Snapchat users.
- Quick Snap Sales – Since Snaps disappear as soon as you watch them, it’s a great way to post notices about quick sales with coupon codes. Your Snapchat exclusive audience will be so happy. Plus it’s a sneaky way to get people to friend you on Snapchat if you tell other audiences about the sale they need to go to Snapchat to learn about.
- Host a Snapchat Contest – You know how the radio does a daily show where you have to collect five or six words for the week and if you know all the secret words it forms a secret riddle you need to solve? You can do that via Snapchat, too.
- Just Say Hi – Showing a little behind the scenes action is a great way to say hello to your friends with your Snapchat. It keeps you in the front of their minds. This works really great with life coaches.
- Offer a Prize for First Response – Send out a quick message saying “First response wins 50 percent off my new Brand Coaching Package”. Then you can respond back with how to take advantage of the 50 percent off by giving them a code.
- Reward Spreading The Word – Ask your Snapchat friends to recommend you to other friends. Offer a random prize to those who prove that they have sent someone to friend you by having the new friend tell you via Snapchat who sent them.
Using these methods to market your business on Snapchat are tried and true ways to increase sales, get more friends, and boost the awareness of your business. But, let’s go over some marketing do’s and don’ts to be safe.
Snapchat Marketing Checklist
Snapchat is a fun social media app that will help you market your business, spread brand awareness and make more sales. Depending on the type of business you have and what your goals are you can make Snapchat work for your business. Use this convenient checklist to help you avoid missing important steps and to stay on track.
Do Your Research
- Define Your Target Audience
- What are their pain points?
- What are their demographics?
- How can you solve their problems?
Getting Started With Snapchat
- Open a Business ONLY Snapchat Account
- One account per email address & phone number
- Choose Your Display Name / Handle Carefully
- This is important you want it to speak to your audience
Getting More Friends on Snapchat
- Use Scanable, Sharable Code With Your Community
- Snapchat provides this in your account
- Create Exclusive Content
- How to videos, images with text: Be relevant to your audience.
- Create Special “VIP” Promotions
- Treat Snapchat Friends as VIPs and give them a special inside view
- Promote Special Events
- Show “Behind the Scenes” Information
- Introduce New Products/Services on Snapchat First
Get the Word Out
- Create Demo Stories
- Put together five or six Snaps to create a demo
- Create Brand Stories
- Put together a few Snaps to tell your brand story
- Entertain Your Audience
- Don’t be boring, only post relevant information
Get Friends/ Followers Involved
- Answer Frequently Asked Questions
- You can collect questions on Snapchat and answer on YouTube
- Offer Coupon Codes
- Have a flash sale with a code only for Snapchatters
- Reward Your Audience
- Give them freebies that no one else gets such as a checklist
- Create Last Minute Offers
Final Tips for Snapchat Success
- Cross Promote on Other Social Media
- Use your Snapchat image & code for your profile picture
- Talk about Snapchat on YouTube
- Mention Snapchat in email
- Be Yourself (be human)
- Don’t try to be someone else, it’s okay not to be perfect
- Mind Your Metrics
- Keep track of screen captures
- Keep track of new Friends
- Don’t be Overly Promotional
- One or two promotions a day is enough
- Seek to interact and be friends not just sell
Now you know the marketing strategies to use Snapchat for business your next step is to put the steps in action. Go on… Grow Viral with Snapchat!